Pay-per-click or PPC is an online advertising method, where the advertiser pays a fee every time a person clicks on their ads. You can say, it is a way to buy visits to your website instead of trying to organically earn those visits. The advertisers need to bid for the ad placement on Google’s sponsored links displayed on search results top or side section.
When your PPC performs well then, the fee seems trivial because a single visit can be worth more than the paid charges. For example, if you bid $2 for a click and the result is $200 sale then you made a huge profit.
Benefits of PPC marketing
- Fast results
- No concerns about Google Algorithmic changes or SEO
- Measurable results
- Reach targeted audiences
- Leverage business opportunities
- Increase brand awareness
- Effective for the local searches
Building a successful pay per click advertising campaign needs plenty of work ranging from research and choosing the right keywords to keyword placement and well-organized ad groups to optimized PPC landing pages.
Google rewards advertisers that create relevantly and intelligently targeted PPC campaign by charging them less on ad clicks. Therefore, you need to learn how to correctly plan and manage your PPC campaigns.
Google gets a colossal amount of traffic, so delivers the most clicks and impressions of your ad. How often does your pay per click ad appears will depend on selected keywords and several other factors?
It can be achieved if you focus on –
- Keyword relevance [long-tail keywords are very specific, less competitive and less expensive]
- Landing page quality [optimized with encouraging and relevant content along with clear CTA]
- Quality score [based on relevance and quality of landing pages, keywords, and PPC campaigns]
- Creative ads
How to manage PPC campaigns?
Consistent monitoring is necessary to ensure that your PPC campaign works efficiently all the time. Steadily analyzing ad performance helps to make some tweaks and keep your campaigns optimized.
- Add PPC keywords relevant to your niche.
- Add negative keywords [non-converting terms] to enhance campaign relevancy.
- Split your ad groups into smaller and more relevant groups to create more targeted landing pages and ad text.
- Review the expensive keywords and if their performance is poor shut them.
- Landing pages content and CTAs need to be adjusted to align with different search queries. It will help to increase the conversion rate.
Things you need to be aware of PPC
For leveraging the benefits of your PPC campaign there are certain things you need to consider.
- Never spend more on the PPC campaign than the returns you receive.
- Campaign optimization takes time and effort, which must not be ignored.
- Test different strategies, ads, environment, until a suitable one that works best is identified.
- Even keep track of your competitors using PPC. Many tools are available to check on your competitor’s performance and their strategies. You can apply them to your campaigns!
PPC marketing is beneficial but it is crucial to target the right people and at the right moment. You may not be happy with the first-time results, but optimize and try again or hire a PPC ad agency to help you!