Building a user-friendly and appealing e-commerce website was crucial, but domain name selection is also important. Domain names seem like a few words, but those concise words are your online address. Therefore, it needs to be symbolic and users need to remember your brand. You will need to ensure that the chosen and relevant domain name is available or not.
Before you visit https://monovm.com/buy-domain/ to buy there is a need to consider something’s to create an exceptional domain name.
Do you prioritize branding or targeting specific keywords for visibility?
- If your priority is to gain organic traffic, then add some specific keywords in the domain name.
- If you depend more on PPC, affiliate marketing, or social media then keyword in the domain is of less importance.
- However, combining both can help to create an exclusive brand name.
You will need to find a website name that is clear of the things you sell and the design has to be memorable and appealing to resonate with the customers. An exact matching domain name with targeted keyword indicates to Google bots that your site is highly relevant. In terms of SEO, it is great, but exact-matching domain names are already taken and can be costly. It can even limit the kind of products you sell.
If the exact-matching domains are already taken you can choose synonyms as a suffix or prefix to the root keywords like boutique, bazaar, emporium, mart, showroom, mall, etc.
Branded name approach
Ensure to choose a name that implies your business. Some fun and distinctive names like Chefficial.com, fashional.com, regenergy.com, etc. offer customers the feel of what is sold.
Blend branding approach with SEO
- The root keyword will define your product or niche – for example, HomeCare, MedSupplies, and HomeRehab.
- Choose appropriate words or relevant synonyms and see the results – for example, DashHomeCare.com, HomeRehabSeer.com, and SteadfastMedSupply.com.
- Tweak the spellings by changing the word for effect or removing a letter – for example, DashHomeCarer.com, HomeRehbSeer.com, and SteadfastMedSpply.com.
- Use sayings and phrases – for example, Care Package – DashHomeCare.com, Rehab Recovery – HomeRehabSeer.com, and Fast Med Supply – SteadfastMedSupply.com.
- Use compound words that associate with your product. If you desire people to prioritize their health then combine synonyms like protecting, wellness, care, and health with home – For example, RehabRoss.com, VitalHealth.com, and SteadfastHomeMed.com.
What are TLDs or Top-Level Domains?
TLD follows the website name in the URL. Common TLD used is .com but there are several others like .biz, .org, or .net. In the last couple of years, alternate TLDs that are industry-specific have been created. The alternate TLD replaces the .com with keyword, so you gain an opportunity to add another keyword in the domain name. Some examples of alternate TLD are home.healthcare or homehealth.care or homecare.health.
When you choose a domain for your e-commerce website here are some criteria to consider.
- Easy to remember like not more than three words.
- Concise means less than 17 characters.
- Simple to say aloud, read, and type.
- Unique but trustworthy and accurate or relevant.
- Avoid hyphens or numbers.
- Never use an already taken domain with a different extension.
- Always be open to other options.
Buy a domain name you liked and its variants right away!